Whether they are small or large, food & beverage stains are a part of every day life. Here are a few tips for what to do the next time a disaster happens.
- Act immediately: The longer the stain remains, the more difficult it will be to remove.
- Scrape up excess: with a spoon or palette knife (a blunt edge)
- Blot up liquids: with a clean cloth, towel or kitchen paper
- Always work towards centre: of spillage to avoid spreading
- Use warm water: to dampen and blot stain without rubbing
- If you cannot: or do not want to try to remove stain/spill, then keep it moist with a damp cloth/towel and call in the professionals
- Never Use products that you have under the sink: washing up liquid, vanish etc that are not designed for use on carpet and upholstery. Many companies sell products that claim to remove all sorts of spots & stains but be careful, they may remove the colour or leave dirt attracting residue causing the area to re-soil permanently.
The most important thing to remember is that any solution that is put onto the stain to try to remove it, is then flushed out and not left in the carpet fibers.
We carry various different products and stain removing solutions that cannot be bought by domestic customers. We have been on training courses to learn how to use these solutions and cleaning techniques in a correct and safe manner, as well as having a vast amount of experience in the cleaning industry.